Free February Half Term Activities
Published: 6th February, 2018
There's plenty to do this February Half Term in South Devon and lots of them are FREE - here's my pick of the best activities to keep little ones amused and big kids entertained...
1) Woodland Trust - Spring is on it's way and if you keep your eyes peeled you can spot snowdrops, primroses, frogspawn and birds building their nests. Print out a free activity sheet from the Woodland Trust website and head to your local woods - some of our favourite spots are Avon Valley Woods in Loddiswell, Great Hill Wood in Chillington and Tor Woods in Salcombe. More details on all these woods can be found on the Woodland Trust website.
2) Kingsbridge Recreation Ground - awarded the prestigious national Green Flag Award for the past three years this park boasts quality attractions for all ages including an exciting younger children’s area, a more challenging ‘steep slope’ play space for older children, a five-a-side kickabout area, putting green, petanque piste, two top quality tennis courts and outdoor gym equipment.
3) Lego Club in Kingsbridge Library - head to the library between 10:30 - 12:00 and build to your heart's content. All lego is provided and refreshments are available for a small donation.
4) Stay & Play in the Kingsbridge Family Church - with baby play and bouncy castles suitable for children aged from 0 -11 years old. On Tuesday 13th, Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th February from 10am - 2pm. Children must be accompanied at all times by a responsoible adult.
5) Beach Clean - be part of the solution to tackle ocean plastic! Join Less Plastic and Surfers Agaist Sewage for a fun, free, family-friendly way to start your weekend. Meet on the beach at Strete Gate, Slapton Sands, at 3pm on Saturday 17th February. Gloves/bags will be provided. Please BYO cup if you would like to partake in hot drinks afterwards.
6) Crabbing - only free if you already have the equipment, but relatively inexpensive with a bucket and line available for £4 from the Kingsbridge Information Centre. Check out our top tips for this surprisingly addictive seaside activity.
7) Chilli Tractor at the South Devon Chilli Farm - open seven days a week kids can play on the custom-made chilli tractor play slide, twisty basket swing and race around our orchard paths if they need to burn off more energy. With activity sheets, quizzes, stamps, colouring sheets and lots of stickers there's plenty to do whatever the weather.